Popular posts from this blog
A2 + B2 = ???
What do you get when you mix an art guy turned builder with a physics guy turned carpenter. Not a clue! Actually it wasn't that bad once we figured out which side of the tape measure to use. That's me (in the red) and my good friend Steve working out the math for squaring up the footings. It took us a little bit to get things straight, but in the end we made significant progress. To bad the hole for the basement wasn't big enough. Oh well. It was good practice anyhow.
It all starts here
At least for me... I've finally jumped on the blog-wagon. I'm still working on my first cup of coffee so hold on to your spell checker. Leslie and I have been going over floor plans for our house. The idea of building something from scratch is really exciting and really scary at the same time. I'm hoping that I can use this to catalog our progress through this new adventure. I've already started receiving bids for things like windows, metal roof, foundation, framing, etc. It's amazing how much things cost, but it's even more amazing how much houses with little detail or character or truly custom features are selling for. We are still planning on buildign a guest cottage which is open to any and all seeking a little R & R in the mountains. We won't make it for this season, but if there are any skiers out there that are headed to Wintergreen -- keep us in mind! Thanks for all the support from everyone.
Comments