Don't break out the level (or a protractor)


So after the first of my final inspections I had a small list of things to take care of which were completed over a couple of days. During my second final inspection, which was performed by a different inspector, it was pointed out that I would need to install a railing on the basement steps. Yes. I should have thought of that. So last Saturday I installed my first railing system and I think it turned out pretty well (see title). During my third final inspection I received the offical sign-off and it's on the C.O. (Certificate of Occupancy). A little piece of paper that says, "It's OK to move in now." And it only took two years. Go figure.

Comments

Furril Squeeder said…
Holy smokes are you serious... You can finally move in, wow, I bet you never thought you'd see the end, but in some ways aren't you a little sad to see the project that has taken so long and been so all consuming for so long coming to an end.

The house looks incredible, you guys should be proud of what you've managed to build. we'll try and come out to appreciate it in person sometime.

- Ed & Kelly
Jeff said…
Who are you callin' a furril squeeder?!

Yep. We moved in. It has been a bit surreal. Feel free to come up any time. We have a spare bed, but you can "rough it" if you are feeling the need.

I did get really down once we got our occupancy permit, but I've started to rebound. There is still a ton of work to do which helps to keep the brain busy. You guys should really think about coming up in October if not before. The view from the spare bedroom will knock your socks off.

Popular posts from this blog

On The Road Again

Aerial Survey